Secret Santa: Animorphs Style
Using the prompt “Laughter, Sacrifice, Isolation”, I focused on Tobias’ isolation and the sacrifice of his humanity and companionship in order to fight the war.
It’s early days, so that’s why Ax isn’t there. I thought Tobias’ isolation would be worse in those first few months of being a hawk.
I thought I’d take this Animorphs art related post to officially ask for help on the comic!
I’d really love to work with a writer to help me with the script and pages. Right now, my process is to take the exact written word from the book and to translate it into a comic. It’s not efficient and it’s very time consuming, since I have to figure out how much to cram into one page.
If someone could do that first step for me and is willing to condense the books in a precise way without sacrificing content and feel of the series, then that would be awesome! I want to work with this person as a partner and collaborator. Of course this is a volunteer-type thing. Animorphs is not my property and I cannot make or pay any money for it!
If you’re interested:
- Please be a genuine fan of the series, but understand that the comic is an interpretation of the written books, not an exact replica. Be willing to compromise on plot, pacing and other aspects. Nitpicky sticklers for every nuanced detail need not apply!
- I don’t really care how the script is written, but it does have to have good grammar, punctuation and spelling. I spell with British English, the book was written in American English, so American English is what I am doing the comic in.
- Please be responsible and reliable! I don’t want to have to pester someone for the next page every week. If you don’t have time for it, or get too busy, please keep in touch and let me know so I can have another person help who has the time.
- Be willing to work with me. I plan on doing the entire series, but after this first book, I will be planning on culling certain plots and books in order to condense the series into a cohesive story that doesn’t have a lot of filler and fluff. This is my hobby and as much as I love it, I’d like to see it actually completed and illustrating 54+ books would take a lifetime!
- That being said, please let me know how long you’d like to “sign up for”. One book, five? Do you have an outline for the entire series? Let me know!
- Send a sample of 3-5 pages of Book 1: The Invasion; chapters 12-15. Your sample doesn’t have to include all the listed chapters, just three to five pages in what ever way you feel you should pace them. Send an email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) with “Animorphs Comic Writer” in the subject line along with your sample script. (Google Drive works well for writing and easily sending docs to people!)
In the new year, I plan on doing a page a week, with the goal of getting several weeks ahead before posting regularly again. This allows the writer to get ahead by quite a bit! It’s not a massive amount of work, but rather a small amount of constant work. Though if you want to do one bulk write-a-thon and script 6 months of pages and send it to me- cool! If you want to get a page to me on “X” day every week- cool! I’m pretty laid back, but I’d like for us to hold each other accountable. A surprisingly large amount of people look forward to this and I feel dedicated to the project. I think having a partner will help me stay focused, even with my freelance workload.
I appreciate all who apply! I can only pick one person for this first go around, but depending on the amount of people interested in helping and for how long, I may end up having a line up of people helping, each taking turns at writing the script. Or maybe one person and I will work well together and finish the whole series- I don’t know! We’ll see what happens.
Thanks for reading!
Animorphs, First and Last Spoken Words
"Not much. We’re heading home"
"Ram the Blade ship."
"Out of quarters, certain people keep forgetting that the SleazeTroll shows up right after the Nether Fjord. So certain people keep loosing the game— and loosing our quarters."
"Okay, this is unexpected."
"Are you going to come and protect up, you big strong m-a-a-a-n? You think we’re helpless just because—"
"I love you."
"I’d appreciate it if they did walk with us, I know you’re not afraid of anything Rachel, but I guess I am."
"He doesn’t hate you, Jake. He never did. His heart was broken, that’s all. And you know, Tobias never had anyone. No one before Rachel. No mother, really, no father he could ever know. Rachel was the first and only person who ever loved Tobias."
<Do not move. I stunned you to see what you are. But if you move, I will destroy you.>
"I live with humans. I respect them. But my hearts are still Andalite. No matter what anyone ever says about me and about what happened on Leera, I am true to my own people.And yet there are times when I wonder: Who are my own people? My race, my species? My family? My friends? My allies?”- #18: The Decision
LISTEN HERE KITTENFACE
WE HAVE A LOT OF SAD SHIT IN THIS FANDOM
OF COURSE WE DO, ITS ANIMORPHS
BUT NOT TODAY, FRIENDS, NOT TODAY
NOT THIS WHOLE DAMN MONTH
THIS MONTHS THEME IS FAMILIES
I WANT TO SEE THE KIDS WITH THEIR PARENTS
I WANT TO SEE HOW THEY’RE A FAMILY TO EACH OTHER, THIS LITTLE BAND OF WARRIORS
I WANT TO SEE FAMILY DYNAMICS AND CUDDLES AND FUCKING LOVE
HAPPY AUS WHERE THEY HAVE KIDS
PICTURES OF BIG CUDDLEPILES
META ABOUT TOBIAS AND AX
GIVE US A SONNET ABOUT LOREN AND ELFANGOR
GIVE US A SAGA ABOUT EVA AND WHO SHE WAS
ok lets be real some of us are going to write about all the sad parts of the families in animorphs, the pain is irresistible but HEY AT LEAST THE FAMILIES WILL BE GETTING ATTENTION THATS NICE, HUH
tag it all #familymorphs so it can be found for this blog